Super Easy Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes. layered with a graham cracker crust and a creamy tangy cheesecake. Top with strawberry sauce!
Cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. It is an amazing crowd pleaser. I enjoy both a classic cheesecake and no-bake cheesecake. Both are nice and creamy and you can make a cheese into so many different flavors, though my favorite is the classic flavor with some strawberry sauce drizzled on top.
Both the classic and the no bake make a full size cheesecake. If you love cheesecake but don’t want a full size cheesecake, these mini cheesecake cupcakes are perfect.
How to make mini cheesecake cupcakes
- Make a graham cracker crust: by combining graham crackers, butter, and sugar in a small bowl. You are looking for the texture of wet sand. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Divide the crust evenly into the bottom of the lined muffin tins and bake for 5-6 minutes, or until golden brown and set aside.
- Cheesecake filling: To assemble the cheesecake filling, first start by beating room temperature cream cheese in a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment. Add in sour cream, sugar, eggs, and pure vanilla. Scrape down the sides and mix until combined. Pour cheesecake filling into cooled muffin tins, approximately 2 tablespoons of filling in each line. Fill it almost to the top.
- Bake: Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheesecakes are firm. (They will jiggle somewhat.) Don’t overcook them; if they start to crack, they’ve gone too far. Allow them to cool completely in the muffin tray on a wire cooling rack.
- Serve: Place in the refrigerator to chill and serve cold with your favorite toppings.
- For a fun variation Chocolate-filled cookies or Oreos, Biscoff in place of the graham crackers
- For chocolate lovers, switch up the filling for double chocolate filling using Oreos and chocolate ganache on top.
- Another option for the liner is silicone liners. They are reusable and come out clean every time.
There are so many different variations of cheese cake, and I think that is what I love most about cheesecake. You can so easily change the flavor with just a few ingredients. Here are a few different variations in case you want to switch it up.
- Chocolate Cheesecake
- Cookies and Cream Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Cherry Cheesecake
- Blueberry Cheesecake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie dough Cheesecake
- Chocolate Peanut butter Cheesecake
Can you freeze cheesecake cupcakes?
Yes, these mini cheesecakes freeze really well. Just make sure you wrap them really well and place them in an airtight container. The cheesecake will last in the freezer for 3 months. When you want to serve it, bring it to room temperature and enjoy!
Mini Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 1 Stand Up Mixer
Graham Cracker Crust
- ⅔ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 8 oz cream Cheese softened to room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup full fat sour cream
- ½ tsp pure vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a standard 12-count muffin pan with 10 liners. This recipe yields only 9-10 mini cheesecakes, so there will be 2-3 empty. You could skip the liners and spray the pan with non-stick spray or fill them half way with water.
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a medium bowl. Mixture will be like wet sand. Firmly press a heaping Tablespoon of crust mixture into each liner. Pre-bake for 5 minutes.
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together on medium-high speed in a large bowl until the mixture is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, and lemon juice then beat until fully combined. On medium speed, add the egg and beat just until combined. Batter will be thick. Divide the batter between all the liners. It’s about 1 Tablespoon per cheesecake.
- Bake until the edges are set and the centers only slightly jiggle, about 18-20 minutes.
- Set the pan on a wire rack and allow cheesecakes to cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 2 hours and up to 1 day.
- Once chilled, add toppings and serve.